As part of the BookLook Bloggers Review Program with Zondervan Publishing, I chose to review 10 Ultimate Truths Girls Should Know by Christian mom blogger Kari Kampakis because:
1) I want to support a fellow mom blogger in her first published book debut
2) I had actually read her blog post that served as the inspiration for this book, and was curious to see how she elaborated on the article
3) It’s a great topic that much applies to me, with a baby daughter and another one on the way!
About the Book
Book description from Amazon.com:
These 10 simple truths can build one big change in your daughter’s life.
When Kari Kampakis wrote a blog post titled “10 Truths Young Girls Should Know,” the post went viral and was shared 74,000 times on Facebook and pinned 20,000 times on Pinterest. Obviously her message strikes a chord. This nonfiction book for teen & tween girls expands on these 10 truths and can reach the hearts of both mothers and daughters.
Teen girls deal daily with cliques, bullying, rejection, and social media fiascos. Kari wants girls to know that they don’t have to compromise their integrity or their future to find love, acceptance, and security. Her 10 truths include:
– Kindness is more important than popularity.
– People peak at different times of life. Trust God’s plan for you.
– Get comfortable with being uncomfortable. Otherwise, you’ll never stick to your guns.
– Today’s choices set the stage for your reputation.
– You were born to fly.
Fans of Kari’s blog and newspaper column will not want to miss her first book. Filled with practical advice, loving support, and insightful discussion questions, 10 Ultimate Truths Girls Should Know is a timely and approachable list of guidelines that will help young girls navigate a broken world and become the young women God made them to be.