I am getting lavished with love and attention by the blogs that I admire… and I am not complaining in the least. I just hope I don’t get too spoiled with all this thoughtfulness, haha. This makes blog award #3 that I’ve received in my 2 1/2 short months of blogging. This time my day was made brighter by Momma Needs Coffee. If you a re a sucker for family / momma blogs like I am, go check her out! Lots of good reads there!
Now, this award was actually, The Bouquet of Three Award, which was comprised of the Sunshine Award, the Best Moment Award and The Versatile Blogger Award. But since the trio won’t fit on my sidebar, and the imagery of the Versatile Blogger strikes my fancy the most, I’m going to pare it down and pay this kindness forward using just the Versatile Blogger Award. That way I can actually recommend blogs based on that particular quality as well.
The rules for this award are as follows:
1. Display the Award Certificate on your website/blog
2. Announce your win with a post. Make sure to post a link back to me as a ‘thank you’ for the nomination.
3. Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers
4. Drop them a comment to tip them off after you have linked them in the post
5. Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
7 Interesting Things About Me:
1. My romance with my husband really is a stalker story gone right. After becoming hopelessly smitten with him, I followed my hubby from afar, creeping after him on Facebook for MONTHS before he finally agreed to love me forever. (I’m not a freak. I swear. Okay, well maybe just a little bit.)
2. My attention span can be measured in nano-seconds.
3. I am fascinated by things I don’t understand, but that doesn’t stop me from enjoying them. People tend to be surprised when they realize how woefully uneducated I am in topics that I regularly express interest in – like cars, or astronomy, or art.
4. I am slowly working my way through a 501 Places To See Before You Die book. I only have like 35 of the places checked off. Sigh.
5. I maintain that playing dress up is the worlds greatest hobby and a ticket to eternal youth. To quote one of my favorite songs: “Sometimes you reach whats most real just by making believe.”
6. I only watch TV for Fox News or the Food Network. I end up screaming and / or drooling at the TV over both of those things.
7. I hate talking on the phone. But I love texting.
My nominees are (in no particular order):
1. Nia Simone
Nia blogs over a plethora of her favorite hobbies from travelling to photography to books to skiing to poetry. Check her out!
2. Alice Vega
A pop culture fiend that follows the latest happenings in the anime, convention, cosplay, nerdy, and Asian American community. The more I learn about her through her posts the more I burn with jealousy over her inherent coolness.
I get most of my movie / pop culture news from this guy first, before I see it up on my Twitter feed or from other news sources. Timely, precise, and interesting blog posts that are fun to read with my morning coffee!
Another photographer I admire in my WordPress blog feed. Always stunning and inspiring work!
This gal has a blog style very similar to mine… she loves to blog about food, family, travel and whatever stikes her fancy! Naturally, I’m a fan. ^_^
A personal blog from a really cool gal. I like her style and her humor. A blog totally worth checking out. (I have an unhealthy attachment to personal blogs, haha.)
I am awarding my IRL friend again, mainly because she has yet to do anything with the last two awards I gave her, and so I am going to increase her to-do blog list, and therefore increase my personal entertainment at her expense. 😉
A gorgeous gal (I love your profile pic) that loves to experiment with food and baking and explores all kinds of flavors and cuisines. She aspires to write a cookbook and open a restaurant. And when she does, she owes me an autographed copy of her book for being one of her original blogger fans. 😉
Another family blog that I enjoy peeking in on! I particularly enjoy the writing style of Mrs. Okie. I like the spunky freshness each blog post has.
A 20 year old blogger that I’ve recently discovered. A very skilled writer, definitely worth checking her blog out!
A new Navy wife like myself. Since my whole motivation in starting this blog was to chronicle my journey into the realms of motherhood and Navy life, I am particularly interested in fellow Navy wifey blogs like this one!
Lots of travel photography on this blog. I’m always stopping by to feast on the eye candy.
My IRL friend Shauna has a very cute personal blog that she rarely upkeeps. Everyone needs to stop by and tell her to stop being so shy and post more often. ^_^
Another food blog I have taken to following! I like that this blog offers a lot of educational context with the food posts. That’s right up my alley. I want to feel edified while I’m eating, darn it! Hehe.
More visual eye candy. What can I say, I’m a sucker for photography blogs.