This is a horribly, horribly belated post, and for that I apologize! I’ve seen these things floating around the WordPress blogosphere for awhile now – and have been burning with jealousy and pining with longing for one – and when I finally had one bestowed upon me, I dropped the ball! *hangs head in shame*
So without further ado! I was given this Very Inspiring Blogger Award by Will from Will’s Eye View Blog. I want to thank Will for brightening my day and encouraging me with the award. With my blog barely over two months old, and mainly acting as a “don’t lose your flippin mind” outlet for my husband being away to Navy Boot Camp, it’s nice to feel that someone enjoys the drivel that I post here.
I’m constantly amazed at what garners attention on this blog, and what doesn’t. One post I just “know” is a flop ends up circulating the rounds on Pinterest, and one that I am giddy with excitement over gets 2 “likes”. So clearly I have no idea what I’m doing in the blogging world. But if my posts have inspired anyone, in any way, I’m happy!
I’ve already had a few private messages of people sharing photos of the projects they made that they found through my blog. Which makes me happier than I would have imagined. So thank you again, to Will and my readers, for the encouragement, the virtual award, and the smile you put on my face!
The Rules for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
1. Display Award Logo on Blog
2. Link back to the person who gave you the award
3. State 7 Things About Yourself
4. Nominate 15 Other Bloggers for this Award and Link Back to Them
5. Notify those bloggers you have nominated.
7 Things About Me:
1. I hate pumping gas at gas stations, and will often invite friends to hang out, just so that I can make them pump the gas for me while I sit in the air conditioning with a cold Starbucks.
2. I read the Bible every single day. It is my roadmap to life. I also compulsively devour manga, so it’s like a daily dose of Jesus and pre-teen drama romance is regularly pumped into my veins.
3. I once peed in the original TV series Batcave in the Hollywood Hills. True story.
4. I insist that I am awesome at multi-tasking, but I’m really not. Shhhh!!!
5. I had a dream of my husband the night before meeting him. When he walked in the room, I knew he was the one, and promptly stalked him till he married me.
6. I once hurt my knee on a weekend backpacking trip, and every time the pain flares up in the cold, my husband likes to go, “See? I told you you were gonna hurt yourself if you didn’t pace yourself.” And then I get defensive and grumpy.
7. I hate the way I look while pregnant. I am impatient to have my baby out of my tummy and into my arms for various reasons, (the most obvious being, well, it’s my baby) but among them I long to cosplay an anime-esque high schooler again without looking old and puffy.
The 15 Bloggers I’d Like to Award (in no particular order):
1. Buoyed Up
What started as a single blogger with a loved one in Navy Boot Camp, turned into a group blog with multiple authors and contributors. They offer encouragement and advice to those new in the Navy family, and have personally reached out to me with offers of help and support. A truly inspiring bunch!
An amazing gal, and a personal close friend, Amber is a working mother of six, a bookworm, a crafter and an amazing writer. She is constantly trying new things, posting new discoveries and sharing her works and words. Check her out!
An avid costumer and self-taught seamstress, I’d be lying if I didn’t say I am drawn to this super cool chick because she reminds me so much of myself. (I know, she must be pretty awesome, right?) Stop by to see her newest adventures and costume shenanigans.
KJ is a Taiwanese girl living in Malaysia, and she loves to travel. She’s always posting memoirs of wherever her itchy feet take her, and it’s a joy to read of her insights and adventures.
5. How To Dance
Just glance at her page – Daily Photo Challenge, recent Arrested Development quote – I mean her tag line says it all: “life, the dog, outdoors, more life, and a glass of wine or two”. Check her out!
One of the few blogs that I find myself stopping to read every time. Fun social commentary on politics and cultural shenanigans.
7. Geek Leak
This blog is run by two girls who have a passion for all things geeky. In short, girls after my own heart. I am always excited to see what’s new whenever they update their blog.
This blog is run by a fellow Navy momma, with far more experience and insight than I have to offer, haha. She’s got a big heart, a strong family, a love of DIY crafting and an eye for photography.
A gal who lives in England, yet doesn’t speak with an English accent. Try to wrap your head around THAT for a second. Haha. Anyway, another fellow bookworm with a beautiful head on her shoulders (and thoughts to match, haha).
10. Tales of a Mom
An amazing mommy, nerd, military wife and Christian woman. Another kindred spirit that I am blessed to add to my growing list of super mommies that blog. Inspiring and kindhearted, check her out!
A super sweet super mom that designed her blog to chronicle her journey into grandmotherhood with her pregnant teen. Uplifting, social stigma breaking, inspiring and a joy to read. Stop by and say hi and give her a virtual hug!
12. Femme Lords
I have called dibs on “biggest fan” for this blog, so BACK OFF!! But, ya know, go check this blog out because it’s awesome. Nerdgasmically delicious, if you will!
13. Big Dog Diving
Lots of stunning pictures to be found on this blog. I’m always happy to see these posts pop up in my blog feed, it’s like eye candy for the soul!
A classic journal blog from a delightful British girl studying zoology. (What’s with me and my British-blog-loving self?! Haha) Thought-provoking pictures coupled with charming posts. What’s not to love?
A talented, happily married, beautiful mommy and crafter with a blog full of fun stories, happy life imagery and domestic crafts that both delight and inspire. Check her page out!