I know I’ve been spamming my blog with “4 Things To…” and “Top 10 Ways…” and “30 Things I’d Like To..” lists, BUT!
1) I’ve got an unhealthy attachment to lists.
2) Lists help me gather my thoughts.
3) Lists remind me to stop talking. If I didn’t limit myself with “Top 10’s” I just wouldn’t stop typing. Ever.
And see what I there? I even listed my reasons for making lists. I’ve got a real problem, I know.
Anyway, when I was in the hospital with Tessa – just hours after having her – I held this newborn baby creature in my hands, watched her slowly blinking off to sleep and thought, “Quick! Sing her a lullabye! Be all maternal and junk!” And I kid you not, the first thing to pop into my head and pop out of my mouth was, “Link.. he come to town.. come to save the Princess Zelda!”
Now, I’ve since expanded to, ya know, normal songs. Things like, “Oh You Beautiful Doll” and “Dream A Little Dream Of Me” and other sweet songs slightly more in line with conventional parenting bedtime ballads. But I got to thinking. There are SO MANY songs out there that would transition perfectly for the living-with-parents nerd that has become a nerd-turned-parent cooing into a baby bassinet.
Besides. You gotta raise that child right. A baby without nerd cred is just, well, just another kid. That will probably grow up to like sports. *shudder* I kid, I kid!
But anyway, here’s my list of 10 Geeky Songs to Sings Your Baby To Sleep To. Let me know which geeky lullabies you would recommend. ^_^
1. Biblo Baggins by Leonard Nemoy
2. Legend of Zelda by System of a Down
3. Star Wars Song by Chatting Kids Space Camp
4. Momiji Song from Fruits Basket
5. Everybody to the Limit by Strong Bad
6. The Ultimate Showdown by Lemon Demon
7. Ballad of the Noob by Stone Falcon Productions
8. His Cheeseburger from Veggie Tales
9. The Galaxy Song from Monty Python
10. Guten Tag Hop Clop from The Producers