After Jonathan and I discovered this salad, we fell in love. (With the salad, not each other. I mean, we love each other, duh, but… anyway, you get the idea.)
Anyhoo, we simply cannot eat baby spinach any other way. Like, I will literally buy spinach for a completely different recipe, and Jonathan will demand we save some for this cranberry spinach salad, lol!
I used to just buy store bought raspberry dressing, but I recently tried my hand at making some from scratch and OH EM GEE, not going back to the commercial, preservative filled junk again! You just cannot get that zesty fresh flavor out of a store bought can. If you have the time, I highly suggest you make the vinaigrette from scratch.
So anyway, if you are looking for a salad that is on par with a pre-dinner dessert, this is your dish! Give it a try and let me know what you think! ^_^
- For the vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen (thawed) raspberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Dash of salt
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- For the salad:
- 6 cups of baby spinach
- 1/3 cup of dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup of candied walnuts
- 1/4 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- Place the raspberries in a bowl and pour in remaining ingredients. Muddle the raspberries (I just used a potato masher! lol) until thoroughly crushed and well blended. Whisk the mixture for good measure, especially just before using.
- Lightly toss the baby spinach in the raspberry dressing until the spinach is evenly coated and glistening with raspberry goodness. Divide the spinach among four plates.
- Top with the dried cranberries, candied walnuts and crumbled feta cheese and serve!