Okay, so I’m going to come clean right off the bat and say that I do not give a rip for the Super Bowl. I mean, you are talking to the girl who once asked (in all sincerity) what day of the week the Super Bowl lands on.
But I have been loving all of the dip and party food recipes flooding blogs everywhere that are inspired by the upcoming Super Bowl, so I in turn have felt inspired to add MY favorite party food to the fray!
My husband and I discovered this recipe a few years ago in a Washington State cookbook, where it is listed as a favorite recipe from the Spokane Yacht Club. The dip was originally called “Surprise Spread” and we found it ridiculously addicting and beyond simple to put together. This is officially my new favorite way to eat a shrimp cocktail!
The spread should be enough for a party, but it’s so tasty, two adults can easily polish off half the plate if they are hungry enough. (Go on, ask me how I know! Hehe..)
So anyway, if you’re looking for a dip / spread that is not the traditional bean or cheese dip, give this Shrimp Cocktail Spread a try!
Shrimp Cocktail Layered Party Spread
You Will Need:
1 8 oz. package of cream cheese, softened
½ cup of sour cream
¼ cup mayonnaise
1 cup of seafood cocktail sauce
3 cans of tiny shrimp, rinsed and drained
1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
3 green onions, finely chopped
1 tomato, finely diced
2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
How to Make:
1. Mix the cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise until smooth and well mixed. Spread over a 12-inch cake plate or pizza pan.
2. Cover this layer with cocktail sauce, spread evenly.
3. Scatter the shrimp evenly over the cocktail sauce.
4. Add the chopped green bell pepper, green onions and diced tomato, spreading evenly.
5. Cover with the shredded mozarrella and voila! Serve with crackers or chips!